Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a proven leader to help us shape the future of EV events and test drives. The Service Lab Program Manager is an organizational master overseeing an ever-changing event support program with multiple concurrent events spanning North America and beyond. You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You are ready to climb (literal and figurative) mountains to deliver the best service support experience on the planet. You are the behind the scenes person that makes everything seamless for anyone involved at a Rivian Event. This role will report to the Sr. Manager Service Lab Operations.
- Manage the upper level schedule of events with requirements from multiple departments
- Create and maintain a detailed schedule that allows sufficient support for all events based on event type and needs
- Create and maintain a schedule of vehicle assignments to ensure they always stay charged and clean during the events.
- Partner with multiple department internal and external to define operational goals
- Coordinate manpower and assets across multiple events and locations
- Collaborate with supporting teams to arrange for 3rd party vendors support readiness
- Organize and lead a team of technicians on-site and remote to ensure maximum fleet up time at all events
- Develop and maintain events operations support playbook
- Provide on-site event support ranging from service events, customer engagement, and event operations
- Manage service information validation and special tool testing programs
- Coordinate timeline of program deliverables and expectations with internal partners
- Analyze data using Excel or other analytic tools
- Employ program management tools to track and manage program schedules and milestones
- Develop reports and provide feedback for issues, resolutions, and improvement initiatives
- Utilize prior experience and strong problem-solving skills to quickly develop an action plan to resolve issues in the field
- 8 years minimum experience in service operations, automotive service, or similar industry
- Prior experience within EV industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields, PMP certification is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents, and presentations
- Prior experience with program management tools Jira, Confluence, SharePoint is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50% of the time sometimes with short notice)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.