Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Supervisor is a key leadership role within the Rivian Factory Security team. The SOC Supervisor will be responsible for leading the SOC team through strategic, technical, and operational challenges, bringing together a diverse group of operators and other various security stakeholders. The SOC Supervisor will use his/her leadership and knowledge of people, operations, systems, crisis/incident management, and business to define a plan of action for the hub of security. The SOC Supervisor will drive technical solutions for the Security Operations Center that are thoughtful, innovative, and contribute to the safety and security of Rivian’s flagship factory.
- Assist with the creation of programs and processes that scale and balance near-term goals and long-term strategy
- Manage a team of diverse 24/7 Operators responsible for local monitoring and response, call taking, data entry and various technical projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure technical solutions, workflows, and processes for the SOC are thoughtful and innovative
- Manage and handle situations of a stressful or sensitive nature, while maintaining Rivian’s confidentiality and information security practices
- Ensure staffing levels meet operational needs and operators are trained appropriately for their roles
- Promote a culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce
- Partner with the Global SOC to support all aspects related to company projects, programs, services, and system related goals.
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Production Security
- Integrity and professionalism
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Security industry or related experience, including people management experience
- Experience with technical security systems such as access control, surveillance, and other data capturing systems
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Office 365)
- Experience in crisis and incident response, focusing on the ability to maintain a calm and efficient response in high-pressure settings
- Creative self-starter who possesses excellent project management and leadership skills
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.