Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Sr Manager Emergency Management will be responsible for the Emergency Management Program which includes the GSOC, Traveler Safety, Events and Emergency Preparedness programs. The role will be responsible to build out and manage the programs and provide direction regarding Security strategy, and risk management initiatives. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Establish and manage the Rivian Emergency Management Program (GSOC, Traveler Safety, Events and Emergency Preparedness programs) including managing staff, vendor and contractor activities.
- Shape the Security Emergency Management team with a focus to acquire, retain, develop and mentor the best team and talent.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop Security risk mitigating strategies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the existing and future Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on crisis response and management, emergency coordination, and business information and intelligence.
- Provide support to business partners during emergency events, disruptions and manage the escalation and communication to leadership.
- Lead a cross-organizational crisis management team in situations when the GSOC activates in an Incident Command (IC) role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience in GSOC, Traveler Safety, Events and Emergency Preparedness programs.
- CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience designing, building out and leading an Emergency Management program including a GSOC & Emergency Preparedness programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel international.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.