Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Working in fast pace environment for various charging product development
- Being an owner of LED lighting development for both AC and DC chargers
- Defining charger lighting requirements such as technical, reliability, and then work on production supplier sourcing with purchasing team
- Responsible of other mechanical component design from concept to production such as plastic, sheet metal, and internal wiring harnesses
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D prints of components, and directing CAD designers to complete 2D prints
- Release components in Enovia Systems, and BOM management
- Perform GD&T and tolerance stack ups
- Generate assembly instructions for prototype builds
- Update component and assembly designs to improve quality, save part cost, and ease of manufacturing
- Work with prototype and production suppliers to capture all DFMs
- Support manufacturing team to release production lines on time
- Resolve engineering issues and implement short- and long-term solutions
- Report to management on development status
- Work with Program Management to meet all deliverables in time
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 7 years of professional work experience in automotive or consumer product designs
- Knowledge or experience on LED lighting development, and validation
- Should be familiar with sheet metal stamping, forging, and plastic injection molding processes
- Ability to work independently and manage several challenging projects simultaneously
- Product Supply Chain Experience
- Shall be familiar with SAE, UL, NEC, and IEC Standards and its certification processes
- Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio.
- Always maintains a positive and proactive attitude
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.