Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Promote and demonstrate Rivian Compass values.
- Plan and execute launches, ramp ups, and production in their area and supports and collaborates within the department and cross functionally.
- Directly supervise End of Line repair team members.
- Plan, control, train, coordinate, and support within assigned team and area.
- Assist in generating standard operation sheets, material data sheets and other workstation documentation.
- Ensure team members and area achieve production targets with respect to quality and volume.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Lead continuous improvement activities as needed.
- Ability to work any shift (am / pm).
- Must be able to speak and present publicly in both large and small group settings.
This is what you’ll need:
- Team leadership experience preferred.
- Industry knowledge.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Technical knowledge of equipment in functional area.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions.
- Software Diagnostics experience.
- Automotive Technology/Technician Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of automotive experience.
- 3+ years of EV experience is a plus.
- OEM Certified Master Technician is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and have a clean driving record.
- Experience working in start-up environments is a plus.
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems is a plus.
- Strong diagnostics experience.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Final Assembly
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.