Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role requires an experienced professional with high levels of energy and initiative, deep understanding of service processes, go-getter attitude, great leadership skills, and cross-team collaboration. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a creative and flexible mindset.
- Provide world’s best of the best in customer service rivaling any industry
- Understand, and execute all parts department daily requirements that include but are not limited to ordering, receiving, shipping, parts returns, and daily counts
- Operating a forklift to load and unload parts
- Train other employees to operate a forklift as needed
- Conduct and Execute audits at multiple locations
- Communicate audit results and overall parts department performance to Regional Service Managers and other stakeholders as needed
- Ensure that parts processes are communicated, and administered in compliance with Rivian's objectives
- Work in partnership with peers regularly on implementing and constantly improving parts operations
- Coach and develop service center parts advisors
- Train and familiarize service center advisors, Service center managers, and Regional managers on parts standards and processes
- Ability to setup and launch parts departments for new locations
- Assisting multiple locations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and lead
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience, including advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Proven success in driving service parts requirements in a complex environment
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact
- Capability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with third party logistics (3PL) and shipping companies
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Experience in Operating a Forklift
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to lift heavy items
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.