Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will oversee all aspects of Advanced Product Quality for Body/Exterior Design
• Provide timely category-specific Quality insight from VOC resources to Design teams to deliver world-class adventurer satisfaction
• Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions by leading cross functional teams
• Ensure high capability of Part & Assy design through application of statistical analysis of attribute and variable data
• Create and execute resolution plans for key quality issues and key system KPI’s
• Lead the quality function for product design, development, validation, launch, warranty, and continuous improvement for your category
• Propose and work strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to deliver exceptional quality
• Bachelor Science degree in Engineering
• Curiosity for how things work, inclination and determination to improve them
• Logical and thoughtful approach to solving problems
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
• 3-6 years of experience in Quality or Product Development
• Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
• Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and suppliers
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.