Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As part of Rivian’s Engineering Applications team you will develop and extend engineering software applications to automate engineering workflow & manage product data through its lifecycle. Projects include deploying or implementing new applications, customizing applications and build data pipelines to drive integration, and analytics. Day to Day operations include supporting product owners with effort estimation, prioritization, and user testing
- You will design and develop client & server-side extensions, user interactions and databases
- You will assist with developing and implementing data pipelines
- You will manage multiple workstreams, user stories and software releases Qualifications
- 5+ years of overall IT or engineering experience
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, Linux scripting, Python
- Knowledge of Rest API, JSON and web technologies
- Automotive Test system experience, experience with vehicle data loggers, dyno test stands and various data formats
- Problem solving skills and basic project management skills (Agile, Sprint)
- Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
Nice to have Skills:
- Knowledge of AWS tools, Elastic search and Kibana is a plus
- Familiarity with test data management system with ASAM ODS standards
- Interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to learn, apply them to the computing environment
- Familiarity with database technologies such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Data warehousing stack
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.