Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead a group of electrical engineers to develop industry best charging products from concept to production phase
- Manage design release of electrical deliverables such as schematic, BOM, fab, and assembly drawings for PCB assemblies
- Manage development of key components such as custom magnetics and power modules
- Provide design direction and design support to team members
- Resolve hardware related failures and come up with short- and long-term corrective plans
- Select and manage suppliers by working with supply chain group
- Develop production test requirements documents for PCBA
- Facilitate transition of circuit boards from prototype to production phase
- Work with systems engineering team to capture relevant requirements and ensure these are satisfied with electrical design
- Coordinate with test and validation team to ensure product is fully validated
- Ensure team deliverables satisfy key requirements including UL and FCC
- Conduct design reviews and deliver hardware in time to meet all milestones
- Work with Supply Quality Engineering team (SQE) and other quality teams to resolve any product quality issues
- Interact with and facilitate cross-functional discussions with multiple teams: Quality, Reliability, Systems, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- Drive close communication and collaboration with mechanical and software/controls teams
- Report out all component and unit level design development status on regular basis
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years product development experience, specializing in power electronics
- Have minimum 3 years of engineering group management experience
- Experience with high power charging or similar industrial products, automotive experience preferred
- Experience with UL certification and safety standards
- Understanding of power electronics topologies, power semiconductor devices, high frequency magnetics, and PWB design
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Proactive attitude toward problems and challenges
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.