Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Partner with Supplier Quality for auditing & source Inspection at supplier location. Oversee design quality and support technical requirements flow down to external suppliers.
· Oversee design quality of battery cells and support technical requirements flow down to external suppliers
· Collaborate with cell suppliers and battery pack assembly integrators to develop full lifecycle quality planning
· Establish internal process flows for incoming inspection and reaction plans for nonconforming material
· Review cell defects conducting component level analysis, and lead problem solving to resolve cell quality issues
· Establish cell quality objectives and contribute to engineering design specifications to deliver product quality
· Drive design sensitivity to manufacturing processes
· Determine, track, and deliver key KPI’s to achieve quality targets and goals
· Participate in product launch initiatives to meet timing and quality milestones
· Ensure product and process designs deliver high capability using DFMEA, PFMEA in conjunction with Reliability
· Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and risk mitigation solutions
· Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support both project and internal R&D efforts
· BS/MS degree in Materials Engineering or other engineering discipline
· Minimum of 2 years engineering and/or quality experience including:
Cell design, manufacturing, testing, quality planning, and supplier technical engagement
· Extensive knowledge of lithium ion battery engineering including material selection and issue resolution
· Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
· Strong statistical and problem-solving capability, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred
· Experience transitioning R&D products transition to production
· Knowledge of AIAG, APQP and related tools
· Demonstrated quality improvements through use of structured problem solving
· Experience working in a cross functional environment
· Ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers
· Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
· Significant International Travel Time Expected
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.