Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Supports the activities of the Pilot/CIP Team
- Supports the overall planning activities from a systems aspect for new models and major events
- Attends plant planning meetings and represents Production Control
- Reports planning activities and progress to management
- Disseminates new model and interim change product and process information
- Prepares studies for external factors and process changes for the department
- Participates in ongoing departmental Gap Closure Planning activities
- Supports the ongoing, structured continuous improvement process
- Communicates system changes that affect the department and coordinates implementation
- Supports development of departmental budgets
- Coordinates tracking of department training status
- Sets up and maintains family address codes and other control cycle, Material Master data etc. statements in ERP (Material Requirements Planning) and MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Creates, monitors, modifies, or deletes broadcast codes for manifest changes per production build and Engineering Work Orders (change broadcast based on break point of EWO)
- Runs search and find request screens per production, yard campaigns, broadcast changes, and so on
- Performs informational checks on shipped vehicles as required
- Coordinates, maintains and communicates special order requirements for re-run build documents, manifest and consumer information labels
- Interfaces with EDS or Plant IT group on all Broadcast System ERP and MES concerns
- Coordinates and maintains printer and equipment needs with maintenance and IT departments
- Maintains broadcast statements for build documents in the ERP system
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Strong leadership skills, and proven project management.
- Continuous Improvement such as Lean Six Sigma or other disciplines preferred.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.