Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Be a steward of Rivian’s culture and guiding principles
- Work closely with Tooling Engineering group to ensure plant requirements are met during new mold design and process layout
- Support tooling engineering on die buyoff from external mold sources before plant arrival
- Drive homeline die tryout to meet program vehicle build milestones
- Lead group to successfully PPAP all molds and handover ready process to Operations team meeting all surface, dimensional, and productivity KPIs
- Foster culture of collaboration between plant engineering and tooling engineering
- Drive continuous improvement efforts post SOP to ensure safety, quality, cost, and delivery metrics are met and needs of customer (Paint Shop) are met
- Develop culture of continuous improvement across all cross functional teams to ensure strong input from all levels of organization
- Develop capital budget plan for plastics continuous improvement projects
- Develop standards and processes to support business and plastics needs
- Evaluate press load with capacity planning group, rebalance press lines, identify bottle necks and countermeasures in future volume forecasts
- Develop long range plan for plastics operations
- Manage and lead team, ensuring adequate staffing and skill levels
This is what you’ll need:
- Automotive new model launch experience
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware and involved in business goal decision making
- Manufacturing / Engineering degree in related field
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.