Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Be a steward of Rivian’s culture and guiding principles
- Work closely with Tooling Engineering group to ensure plant requirements are met during new tool design and process layout
- Support tooling engineering on die buyoff from external die sources before plant arrival
- Drive homeline die tryout to meet program vehicle build milestones
- Lead group to successfully PPAP all stamping dies and handover ready process to Operations team meeting all surface, dimensional, and productivity KPIs
- Foster culture of collaboration between plant engineering and tooling engineering
- Drive continuous improvement efforts post SOP to ensure safety, quality, cost, and delivery metrics are met and needs of customer (Body Shop) are met
- Reduce raw material utilization through scrap reduction and blank size optimization
- Develop culture of continuous improvement across all cross functional teams to ensure strong input from all levels of organization
- Develop capital budget plan for stamping continuous improvement projects
- Develop standards and processes to support business and stamping needs
- Evaluate press load with capacity planning group, rebalance press lines, identify bottle necks and countermeasures in future volume forecasts
- Develop long range plan for stamping operations
- Manage and lead team, ensuring adequate staffing and skill levels
This is what you’ll need:
- Automotive new model launch experience
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware and involved in business goal decision making
- Manufacturing / Engineering degree in related field
- Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.