Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various product managers to ensure requirements defined have been captured in test cases and have traceability.
- Implement and execute test strategies to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Work closely with Product Managers to keep realistic schedules and identify task dependencies.
- Coordinate the setup of each testing environment, ensuring refreshes of data sets and access is scheduled as needed for each iteration of testing.
- Design and develop advanced test suites using automated testing frameworks like cypress.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
- Works together with the software engineering team to enhance and improve programs
- Participate in daily team and business status meetings.
- Responsible for execution and alerting of teams and managers of obstacles, issues, and risks.
- Write automated test cases using cypress framework.
This is what you’ll need:
- Work with Agile and CI/ CD methodology
- 5+ years of experience of testing automation framework.
- Strong knowledge of Cypress.io framework is required.
- Should be able to execute both functional and automation testing
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts using sql and no-sql databases.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.