Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways. We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
The Data Visualization Analyst role works to support the planning and operational decisions of the Service organization. This role will work as the liaison between the Business Operations team and the Business Intelligence team to create compelling and informative visualizations to help management make decisions. This role will also require excellent communication skills, work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and have experience with developing compelling narratives with data.
- Work within the Service organization to understand needs, goals, and objectives
- Use Data & Analytics to answer business questions, highlight operational issues and build data stories.
- Deep data investigation to project the trends in business, using data visualization tools like Tableau, Excel, etc. to make recommendations to leadership
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to provide efficient analytical support for on-the-spot business inquiries and program management adjustments
- Aid in requirements gathering and development prioritization where necessary
- Filter incoming data requests and help ensure orderly creation and management of reports and dashboards
- Strong background in data wrangling, data analysis, trend and root cause identification, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Be able to create excellent Tableau visualizations and story-telling using data
- Strong leadership, planning, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of business operations and how various organizations work with each other
- 4-5 years of strong data analysis experience in Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, or Manufacturing organizations
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience creating complex dashboards and data stories using Tableau. “Expert” level in Tableau development (Tableau certification is a plus)
- Excellent SQL skills across complex data sets a plus
- Strong understanding of Python, R, and Alteryx
Rivian is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: Include Rivian’s link.
Candidates for positions with Rivian Automotive must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.