Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is looking for a Senior UX Designer for Navigation and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems to work with a world class team of designers, researchers and engineers to deliver user-centered in-vehicle solutions for discovering exciting new adventures and safely exploring the world around us. You will design the digital experiences across the Center and Driver Displays that help our users search for destinations and navigate there while keeping aware of the surroundings and potential obstacles that might get in the way.
Together with a team that values positivity, humility and humor, your designs will push beyond what is available today. While this is a senior UX design role, ideal candidates will have a strong technical background to complement their creative spirit. In this role, you will further build on your expertise of driver workload, human reaction time, sensor capabilities and road attributes.
- Design multi-modal experiences (audio, visual, touch, haptics) that span vehicle navigation, electrification, safety and self-driving
- Generate design concepts, flows, wireframes, transitions, micro-interactions and prototypes
- Collaborate with system engineers to define vehicle driving behavior and how it relates to the driver experience
- Partner with researchers to gather consumer data, validate concepts, test prototypes and apply findings into you designs
- Work closely with other team members including HMI, Product Managers, UI Designers and Engineers, receive critical feedback and iterate to make the best possible product
- 5+ years of relevant work experience designing touch, voice, in-vehicle or navigation solutions
- An online portfolio showcasing your design chops
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex design challenges in order to support an informed, creative process
- Advanced proficiency in design and prototyping tools, such as Figma and ProtoPie
- Bonus points for cartography experience or 3D prototyping skills in AfterEffects, Blender or similar tools
- An adventurous spirit and a passion for beauty, elegance and authenticity
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.