Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Commercial Fleet Site Auditor is responsible for ensuring that Rivian vehicles and personnel at the regional sites are in compliance with Federal, State, and Local Motor Vehicle Laws and Regulations, as well as internal Rivian Safety, Regulatory, and Executive standards, and IP Legal Compliance. This position assists in with inspections, applications, renewals, and safety protocols for assigned Rivian sites on local, state, and federal levels and aids the Commercial Fleet Auditor’s official interactions with local, state, and federal agency representatives as well as Rivian internal departments to ensure regulatory and Rivian standards compliance, including safety auditing for both vehicles and personnel. The Site Auditor assists in the maintenance of workplace and vehicle safety, inspecting locations, vehicles, and personnel processes and procedures, coaching personnel, including site managers, on safe vehicle and employee practices. The Site Auditor implements new/updated safety protocols and reports site readiness to the Commercial Fleet Auditor. The position reports to the North America Commercial Fleet Auditor.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ worth of experience in Fleet Management and Auditing. The position entails cross-state travel within assigned region. The position requires strong attention to detail and commitment to vehicle, driver, and operational safety. The Fleet Site Auditor:
This is what you'll do:
- Travels to assigned sites within Fleet Site Auditor region, auditing, reporting, conducting safety inspections and implementing new/updated safety procedures and protocols, training site personnel in safety
- Conducts updated safety training programs and performs site audits to ensure understanding of safety standards and compliance to local, state, and federal safety standards as well as internal Rivian regulations
- Completes site paperwork for applications, permits, and inspection documentation for state and federal agencies and programs, including CMV, DOT, FMCSA; State Autonomous Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle Tester Programs and Advanced Driving Support Systems (ADAS)
- Maintains maintenance records for all Benchmark vehicles assigned to Fleet Service Auditor region
- Attends any local inspections with local and state agencies within assigned region, providing the required paperwork and any supporting documentation to pass the inspection/audit
- Reviews and collects site documentation, such as maintenance and driver records, support documentation for inspections, including FMSCA/DOT, CA DOT, and Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), within assigned region
- Follows up on notices from agencies and coordinates with the CFA and internal departments regarding required next steps
- Processes documentation for Test Vehicle Disposal, including title documentation, and Annual Disengagement Reporting Oversees the process of timely license plate installation at each site, tracking registration expiration, license plate removal and disposal on assigned vehicles within region
- Coordinates with sites on distribution of renewal registrations from the corporate offices
- Audits installation of all legal and safety signs, including DOT vehicle graphics and company decals at assigned sites
- Conducts daily internal vehicle audits, performing Rivian Benchmark Vehicle Evaluations, documenting any vehicle altering on Rivian Prototypes
- Tracks daily Rivian fleet location through physical and electronic audits and reports to the Commercial Fleet Manager in order to coordinate for vehicle retrieval when necessary
- Ensures all drivers and employees at local sites are within local, state, federal, and company safety requirements; Assists in implementation of Random Drug Testing, JJ Keller Encompass Tool, DOT safety score and Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Programs to aid in safety compliance and address any safety issues that arise as the result of review
- Monitors site HOS and DOT violations, reports commercial vehicular incidents for sites within assigned region, gathers documentation and assists in accident/incident investigations, collaborating with the Commercial Fleet Auditor in the investigative capacity
This is what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Deep knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, including DOT, FMSCA, and CMV
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.