Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance processes, applications, permits, and documentation for state and federal agencies and programs, including CMV, DOT, FMCSA; State Autonomous Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle Tester Programs and Advanced Driving Support Systems (ADAS)
- Engages with state and federal auditors as required to review and provide requested documentation, including Annual FMSCA/DOT (MSC-150), CA DOT, and Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) documentation, maintenance, and driver records
- Oversees directly the auditing, reporting, safety inspections, administering safety policies and procedures, and implementing safety training programs in compliance with internal audits, local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Follows up on notices from various local, state and federal agencies
- Processes documentation for Test Vehicle Disposal, including title documentation, and Annual Disengagement Reporting
- Manages vehicle registration and titling application process for Rivian commercial fleet vehicles, ensuring timely installation of license plates and registration stickers;
- Coordinates distribution of renewal registrations to the hubs
- Audits installation of DOT vehicle graphics, company required decals or any other graphics/decals necessitated by state and local agencies
- Conducts daily internal vehicle audits, performing Rivian Benchmark Vehicle Evaluations, documenting any vehicle altering on Rivian Prototypes
- Tracks daily Rivian fleet location through physical and electronic audits and coordinates for vehicle retrieval when necessary
- Coordinates the implementation of Random Drug Testing, JJ Keller Encompass Tool, DOT safety score and Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program to ensure all drivers are within federal, state, local, and company requirements to operate any and all company vehicles, including prototypes as well as active fleet
- Monitors HOS and DOT violations, reports commercial vehicular incidents, and investigates accidents and incidents, collaborating with internal departments and externals agencies
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Deep knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, including DOT, FMSCA, and CMV
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as this role requires extreme attention to detailed documentation
- Experience operating as a cross functional partner
- Deep understanding of commercial vehicle regulations, including tracking vehicle maintenance, inspection requirements, Electronic Logging Devices Background with car hauling a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in Audit & Compliance
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Delivery and Field Operations
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.