Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the software integration engineering team toward it’s goal to integrate new features into the vehicle and continually increase the robustness and health of the vehicle software.
- Provide direction for the team and work toward providing a framework in which the team can develop and validate as efficiently as possible.
- Support the team as a servant leader by helping unblock and facilitate issues that arise
- Maintain a high level overview of the current state of each new software release branch and feature development.
- Report on priorities and status of key development activities.
- Highlight risks and associated blockers for upcoming software release schedules
- Lead the bug workflow process, coordinating across all domains in the vehicle as well as other departments in the company to ensure that issues raised through any channel get evaluated, prioritized, and implemented appropriately.
- Build a team of capable engineers who will:
- Debug functional issues on the vehicle where the root cause could span across any combination of physical, electrical, and software elements.
- Prioritize and escalate issues based on their impact to the user and to the program.
- Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
- Provide vehicle wide expertise in the integration and bring-up of new architectures and component revisions thus ensuring that new configurations work as expected.
- Support and coordinate between factory engineers and the rest of the development teams to ensure 100% test coverage at the factory.
- Assist your team in their professional development as they grow and expand their capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing a team.
- Software development experience. Able to read/debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent documentation and organization skills
- Good communication, able to pull together the detailed explanations from across the team into high level status updates.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.