Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for ensuring that all federal, state, or local tax returns and related statements or records are validated and correct by reconciling all balances. This would include W2’s and any required filings. Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting, and resolving integration and production issues, payroll processing errors and escalations, applying best practices and ensuring long-standing solutions. Understand cross functional impacts of certain configuration decisions/touch points, downstream impact of changes to the configuration, data, and integrations.
- Research, interprets, and understands existing or revised tax codes, laws, or forms. and suggests responses to changes in tax law, regulations, and guidelines. Maintains current knowledge of payroll tax laws and ensures compliance with federal and state guidelines and resolves any compliance issues with taxing authorities. Engage with the Workday HCM and payroll teams to ensure appropriate business processes and security is implemented and maintained.
- Answers questions and researches discrepancies. Reconciles and analyzes general ledger transactions for the Finance/Accounting Department when needed
- Streamline and revise payroll procedures; recommend and implement changes leading to best practices and provide solutions to payroll, human resources, and finance.
- Validates reports and works with payroll provider and HRIS to ensure all information is captured. Oversee the processing and maintenance of annual W-2’s, taxable fringe benefit input, ACA reporting; develop reports to summarize this data.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of agency notices and other tax related requests and correspondence. This includes updates made to SUI rates and other company specific setups.
- Provide support to year-end tax reporting and work with vendors to ensure all imputed income is captured and appropriately reported.
- Sets up new agency states/locals when needed and maintains relationships based on employee demographics data
- Provide Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reconciliations and analysis of filings (Includes W2’s, 940, 941’s)
- Continually identify process and system improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Coordinate new account coding/mapping in payroll system.
- Ensure accuracy of system integration files.
- Assists in transmitting payroll files for processing.
- Ensures that mandatory and voluntary withholdings and deductions are accurately calculated and reported for employee population
- Maintains payroll related files and records including all tax filings and payments.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 5+ years processing taxes in a corporate, multi-state/country environment.
- Experience with Workday Payroll and HCM is required.
- Payroll procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws and regulations related to payroll.
- Analytical Thinking required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent time management techniques, and quality service fundamentals.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Organized and focused to drive meaningful results, process improvements, manage complexity, and meet operational deadlines.
- Strong ability to work as a team, strong collaboration and develop business relationships to drive outcomes.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.