Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Project Manager, L2 Charging Network will coordinate the deployment of level 2 charging equipment across Rivian’s Level 2 Network. This role works closely with the Program Management, Purchasing, Installation Management, Design, Operations, and Service Operations Teams to coordinate all level 2 construction projects.
The primary function of the Project Manager, is to provide a complete view of all projects in the negotiation, site acquisition, pre-construction, construction, and commissioning phase. The Project Manager will be the primary contact for the Installation Management and Program Management Teams and will work to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop a comprehensive view of all ongoing construction projects across all Level 2 programs
- Develop work plans and overseeing performance of general contractors, and occasionally directly to trade subcontractors and/or vendors
- Oversee all pre-construction and construction pipeline and ensure that it conforms to planned schedule and budget
- Coordinate execution of agreements, perform general office tasks, and coordinate other administrative matters (ex: duration schedules for entire deployment activity)
- Support the program management team in ensuring contracting and contractor payment is on schedule
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy, while achieving organizational objectives
- Become an expert in electrical installation standards and charging: develop an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, hardware, regulation and safety
- Assist in managing down installation costs for public charging
- Support operational aspects of the wider charging team including payment, logistics and systems
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction management, is preferred, or similar number of years of experience in the field
- 3+ years of experience managing construction projects of similar size and complexity
- 1-3 years of experience developing charging projects and holding multiple stakeholders to a timeline
- Extra points if you have your PMP
- Strong project management ability and proven experience
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace
- Familiarity with OTC permitting process as it relates to L2 EV Charging
- Familiarity with various Utility & Government incentive programs for EV Charging Infrastructure
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.