Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Technical Service Operations Team is responsible for the ongoing success of Rivian’s Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) and energy products.
We are looking for a Technical Field Service Operations Supervisor to support commissioning, operation, and maintenance activities of our Energy & Charging portfolio. In this role, you will work with stakeholders across the organization to supervise and support regional field service programs in our Western Region.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to delivering the highest level of field service quality. They should have direct experience in the field and capable of dealing with issues that come up to facilitate the success of Rivian’s field service program. They should naturally take a systematical approach to analyzing and troubleshooting technical issues to accurately to identify root-cause and efficiently execute corrective action. This candidate should be able to support the day-to-day operations within their region, leveraging a strong combination of communication, organizational, and technical skills. Additionally, they must be comfortable with frequent travel, working outdoors, and juggling multiple priorities.
The right candidate prides workmanship above all.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Commission vehicle charging stations (DC & AC), evaluating the installation, configuration, and operation of individual components and integrated systems.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Respond to corrective maintenance dispatches on EVSE, commercial solar PV, and energy storage systems.
- Conduct testing and inspection of systems under maintenance agreement.
- Systematically troubleshoot complex issues; work cross-functionally to identify root-cause and implement corrective active.
- Document all service activities in clear, concise detail; update digital ticketing and dispatch tools promptly and accurately.
- Generate documentation to support quality and warranty processes.
- Identify and track resolution related to code and non-conformance issues.
- Quote maintenance jobs and provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators.
- Supervise other technicians (internal and 3PSPs) with work planning and technical/logistical escalations.
- Reinforce service quality by identifying training opportunities and knowledge-gaps.
- Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
- Travel both in and out of home-market service territory.
- Monitor the overall service program performance within your region, identifying strategic opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the Rivian brand to customers.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4+ years of combined field technician experience related to High-Voltage and Low-Voltage technology (EVSE/PV/energy-storage a plus)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; trades certification or equivalent in experience in electrical preferred
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to commercial installation and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
- Understanding of high, medium, and low voltage system components
- Familiar with IoT networking systems configuration
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, work order management, etc.).
- Excellent customer-facing and customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand design schematics, construction documents, and technical repair guides.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including
- climbing ladders/scaffolds/high-lift equipment
- outdoors and indoors during hot, cold, or inclement weather
- Ability to use hand tools, diagnostic equipment (digital multi-meter, power meter, etc), laptop/table, smartphone.
- Comfortable carrying/moving tools and equipment up to 60-lbs. unassisted
- Excellent time management skills, coordinating travel and provisioning logistics to ensure work is completed within contractual SLA periods.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Energy & Charging
Location: Remote, USA - Western Region
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.