Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Supervise and support Team Members/Team Leaders by empowering them to continuously improve their processes
· Teach Team Members/Team Leaders to resolve problems through a team-oriented approach
· Assist in the development of standardized work
· Assist in the development of station layouts
· Train, develop, and mentor Team Members/Team Leaders
· Monitor and report on Key Process Indicators such as Safety, Production, Quality, Delivery and Cost
· Monitor and manage budget within Area of responsibility
· Drive resolution to “non-conforming” material in order to keep scrap cost to a minimum
· Maintain employee records regarding: Safety, Training, Job Qualifications, Deficiencies, Schedule, Attendance and Overtime
· Conduct Team Member/Team Leader Performance Evaluations
· Communicate best practices, problem resolution and performance data
· Maintain a high-quality relationship with all departments within the organization
· Support and participate in Launch and model change activities
· May perform other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
· Working knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook programs
· Leadership skills required
· Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Strong team orientation
· Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
· Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
· Quick decision making abilities
· College Degree preferred
· Automotive experience preferred
· 3+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
· A combination of education and experience.
· Internal Employees must have be employed by Rivian for at least three months to be considered for this position
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Final Assembly
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.