Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Network Operations Center Engineering Lead who will help drive our Energy and Charging team’s efforts to identify (and then build) Rivian’s needs for a Network Operations Center. The NOC will remotely manage and monitor our charging and energy assets. On top of issue monitoring and incident management, the NOC Engineering Lead will be responsible for managing a global team of remotely placed NOC Engineers. The NOC team will help drive cost savings at large across all of our product programs. The ideal candidate is strong leader who can build strong relationships amongst cross-functional teams, manage across all levels of the organization, set-manage-meet aggressive timelines, and has the experience and knowledge of working in a complex operational environment. They must have a proven ability to ingest business needs and drive business results with their data-based insights. The right candidate will have a passion for developing and defining process from a clean-slate.
This is what you’ll do:
- Own 24/7 network operations of Rivian’s charging and energy deployments
- Spearhead architecture and design of proactive remote diagnostics procedures and protocols
- Responsible for building out and/or improving business and IT systems to support asset uptime requirements
- Partner with the Technical Field Service Team to drive actionable metrics and drive reporting
- Drive cost savings by striving to resolve as many incidents remotely and reducing the need to dispatch Field Service
- Play a critical role in product improvement by providing regular ad-hoc analyses of network performance
- Scale operations to support global charging and energy asset strategy
- Manage a global team of NOC Engineers
This is what you’ll need:
- 7+ Years of experience in a role focused on asset management, operations & maintenance, or NOC oriented responsibilities
- Experience in managing a team across multiple time-zones
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology (OCPP, OCPI, etc), networked IoT hardware, and NOC processes
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions
- Experience executing programs with customer service, network service, & engineering teams
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Background in Computer Science, Information Technology, etc
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.