Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Lead People Systems Analyst will be the lead for HCM, Advanced Comp and Security, which includes system configuration, enhancements, and deployment efforts, and the responsibilities below.
- Serve as an advanced subject matter expert within Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation and Security
- Partner with COE’s to provide input into new processes, prioritize projects/enhancements, map business processes, implement creative and effective solutions that will shape the way Rivian operates now and into the future
- Work with HRIS and HR teams to implement and recommend best practices to ensure optimal utilization of Workday including configurations, business processes, data management, security architecture, and reporting
- Lead Workday functional and technical activities including business process configuration, security, calculated/custom fields, report writing and EIBs
- Leveraging project management and change management
- Partnership with IT and cross functional partners for integration requirement, data integrity and testing
- Partner with the People Insights and Analytics team to ensure data is complete, accurate and appropriately mapped for reports, dashboards, and downstream reporting systems.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and support for People team members including People Partners and Business Partners
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and defects with exceptional customer service
- Actively participate in design, planning, implementation and support of business process configuration, security, and administration
- Continually increase personal knowledge and maintain individual development through training and research
- Create/Modify Workday reports and/or dashboards based on stakeholder requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 8+ years functional and technical HRIS design, configuration, and administration experience
- 5+ years specifically with Workday, 1 full life cycle HRIS implementation (preferred)
- WD certifications for HCM and Advanced Compensation (preferred)
- Willingness and passion to learn additional Workday modules including Payroll, Time and Attendance, Absence Management and Benefits
- General knowledge of HR functional areas and workflows
- Exceptional leadership capability to mentor and development team members
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.