Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our ideal candidate has focused experience in the manufacturing and quality space, focusing on automotive manufacturing operations, safety, compliance, production and quality standards and skill gap development. In this position the L&D Specialist will provide high-level program facilitation. The L&D Specialist should be passionate about helping people learn and grow and will help our company succeed by creating solutions and investing in the development, safety, and compliance of our people.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a scalable consistent training program for new hire training, on-the-job training and compliance in conjunction with Rivian’s automotive manufacturing and quality requirements.
- Conduct new hire orientation and job specific training for team members to ensure understanding of the job, responsibilities, policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations regarding problems/needs, effectiveness of training resources, and implementation of new or modified programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids.
- Training/teaching new and existing personnel in hands-on techniques associated with large-scale manufacturing procedures and identify, coordinate and train trainers to assist with the training function.
- Strong familiarity with Manufacturing & Quality skill safety and training development.
- Build strong partnership and trust with Manufacturing/Production and Quality teams; partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding training needs.
- Identify areas for training and developing educational items including workshops, instructional videos, and one-on-one training sessions.
- Partner with outside groups as appropriate and maintains information in a current state.
- Monitor department training compliance and reporting to management.
- Identify best practices and plan/implement them into the Manufacturing training program.
- Partner with Talent Development to create and deliver leadership development programs that align with company values, strategy, and priorities including professional development for leaders and new manager training.
- Evaluate, create, organize, and execute learning strategies/programs based on stakeholder groups’ development needs.
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g., coaching, job-shadowing, online training).
- Create and/or acquire training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- 5+ years of experience with proven success in similar role
- Expert knowledge of training processes in automotive manufacturing and quality
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze logically and navigate ambiguity.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, theories, concepts and development technologies or modalities, practical experience and application of training development models
- Able to manage a design project management end to end
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines for deliverables, with accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Organized with strong ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear and concise verbal and presentation skills Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented, organized, able to juggle multiple projects at once
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.