This is what you’ll do:
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Leverage your strong training and mentorship skills to manage and develop teams while also driving process improvements and serving as a change manager where needed.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere, ongoing challenges, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Have the autonomy to make key contributions combined with the support of other managers.
- Enjoy competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits.
- Have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
- Ensuring the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet marketplace demand.
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Leveraging your Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Supporting managers and supervisors.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
- Manpower requirements and balancing in General Assembly and coordination with other departments.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets and KPI’s.
- Meeting daily quality goals set by KPI’s.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company KPI’s.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives.
this is what you’ll need:
- 7-10 years working experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive).
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience (preferably automotive).
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coach and mentor.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Ability to control resources and policy formation.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite programs.
- Problem solving experience – 8D method.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience.
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- A four-year degree preferred.
- Specialized knowledge and strong experience in manufacturing operations, Experience in a high-mix, high-volume environment is highly preferred.
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement. Certification is an advantage.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Final Assembly
Location: Normal, IL
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.