Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our facilities are a vibrant, fast-paced mix of visitors, employees, and full of fun and adventure. The Security Concierge role is critical to establishing security at our sites while creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. As the first Rivian representative encountered when someone enters a building, the Security Concierge plays a key role in both operational flow and safety. The Security Concierge efficiently guides visitors and employees to their destination.
- Greet visitors as you are positioned as the first line of security to welcome everyone who comes through the door. You are the face of Rivian and a brand ambassador who creates a welcoming atmosphere while following all security protocols.
- Establish contact to guide visitors or employees to the appropriate destination. The Security Concierge presence and interest establish the first line of security for Rivian.
- Perform security measures, such as managing the visitor management system or an entry log, and perform COVID associated tasks, i.e., temperature checks and health screening questions.
- Administer and control building access and check-in procedure, such as issuing badges for guests or employees, and make inquiries of individuals who seem out of place.
- Report incidents and be prepared to respond accordingly to any situation. Communicate security incidents to appropriate parties.
- Identify and report possible hazards and security issues, such as major spills, obstructions, and malfunctioning door readers and doors. Relay observations to janitorial staff, Facilities Administrator, and/or Security Manager as appropriate.
- Perform additional security and administrative tasks as required.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in the security field with customer experience related roles
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study preferred
- A high degree of organization, prioritization, and awareness with the ability to multitask efficiently
- A keen sense of situational awareness is a must
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365) and security-related access control software
- Ability to adapt and respond to any emerging need while attending to general duties of visitor management, safety violations, and security breaches
- A positive attitude and attention to detail
- Integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.