Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Field Guide, you will be a key contributor to the success of our Delivery and Field team. Field Guides work in coordination with Vehicle Operations, Service Operations, Retail and Fleet teams to facilitate customer deliveries, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional car buying experience.
- Support new & existing customers in the wild as a Rivian product expert
- Act as a leader among peers to ensure compliance with internal & external processes
- Confirm mobile test drive schedules
- Transport Rivian vehicles to their final destinations
- Execute local registration documents with customers during their delivery appointments
- Paperwork prep for deliveries (in applicable states)
- Validate & scan final transaction paperwork completed on the road
- Conduct loaner vehicle exchange with customer vehicle during applicable service appointments
- Additional work and tasks as requested from leadership not defined here
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Ability to complete Rivian’s CMV Driver Training + Driver Certificate of Completion
- Field guides are expected to prioritize safe driving and to maintain a clean driving record in accordance with Rivian’s CMV Driver Qualification policy.
- Ability to safely lift up to 30 Ibs
- Legally authorized to work in US
- Previous EV experience a plus
- Previous rollback truck driving experience a plus
- Available to support customers on nights and weekends
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.