Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a proven leader to run our day to day operations on our sites. You will own the onsite logistics operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other onsite managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement with a focus on lean principles to surface bottlenecks and inefficiency, seeking a resolution at a root cause. You will need to possess strong communication and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You will need the ability to build and affect culture through buy in and persuasion. As a hands-on leader, you will own feedback and development of associates with a focus to promote from within.
- Manages on site Field Operations teams and micro location centers remotely.
- Aligns daily work with KPI metrics, effectively prioritize and focused on results.
- Responsible for local KPI metrics for their location and adjacent microcenters.
- Responsible for applying our SOPs to each location with tailored adjustments based on location specific scope and criteria.
- Is responsible for onsite problem-solving including surfacing problems, gap analysis, delegation, project management, and communicating outcomes with quantifiable metrics.
- Is responsible for outlining countermeasures for problems and edge cases. Collaborating with Regional manager to get them approved.
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to Rivian, state and federal requirements from HR, EH&S, and DMV.
- Hires the team for each location and trains and develops them for success.
- Responsible for surfacing resources needed to achieve goals, makes request with data to support request for additional resources as needed.
- Conducts in person visits to area locations regularly to validate quality and processes through observation and analyzing reports and metrics.
- Can complete all task and skilled work that Field Operations manages. Doesn’t hesitate to jump in and be “hands on” to get work complete and meet targets.
- Effectively plans by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand.
- Provides training and development to associates; Develops and promotes talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews.
- Enforces high standards in process execution through daily lot walks, observations, and feedback.
- Manages printing and storage of DMV documentation in support of Title & Registration and Mobile Operations teams.
- Organizes work of others and collaborates with other teams to create SOPs and workflow documentation to support organizational goals.
- Identify, refine and develop team goals and priorities, and ensure the Field Operations team is on track to achieve those goals.
- Works with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation as targets and volume scale with growth of the business.
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Ability to create and manage multiple schedules.
- Communicates priorities to Field Operations group, external teams, and senior leadership. Motivates their teams to excellence.
- Analyzes data and reports to make sound decisions.
- Organizes and prioritizes work effectively for themselves and others.
- Delivers feedback that is timely, with clear recommendations for improvement.
- 4-5 years of Operations management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administrations or Operations.
- Ability to analyze reports, create action plans based on data.
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations.
- Experience with lean principles (visual management, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba)
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 60% of the time)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.