Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role is responsible for recommending, implementing, and managing financial system solutions for the Rivian Commercial Finance team. The job responsibilities span 2 major financial pillars:
- Identify, develop, and maintain first-in-class systems and related processes to support financial reporting
- Drive insights into business performance through robust analytical tools and processes to validate or challenge strategic and leadership business assumptions
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reporting/KPI Support
- Partner with CF team members and their business partners to build & maintain standardized reports with dynamic parameters to support forecast and month-end cycles
- Continuously improve the Profitability Cause of Change dashboard (volume, mix, price, cost, currency, other) for all revenue streams
- Build & improve the Margin “nerve center” (data repository and dashboards) that provide granular analytics into our customers (demographics, geography, web traffic conversion rates, support costs, shipping costs, etc.), products (trend lines, preferences), and geographic segmentation (purchase trends by region). Partner closely with source-system owners to ensure timely, reliable data flows. Stay informed of emerging changes to source systems that might affect our nerve center
- System development & support
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain master data (products & attributes, customer & attributes, metrics, locations, reporting hierarchies) to ensure synchrony with source systems (SAP, OMS, ProjectEx, etc.)
- Model, test, and implement new system requirements, e.g., new revenues, new cost of sales, new product options (paint, trim, options, business channel, etc.), and where necessary, work with consultants on the solutions
- Identify opportunities to automate & increase operational efficiency. Propose solution options, and implement solutions
- Data Management & Compliance
- Manage actualization of margin forecast. Partner with source system owners to ensure correct period cut-offs and proper granularity level of data (customer, product, location, etc.)
- Partner with corporate FP&A to ensure proper version control of forecasts and what-ifs, as well as redundant data backup/restore capability for worst-case scenarios
- Partner with Internal Audit to ensure compliance, including periodic reviews and updates of access to confidential margin data (product price, BOM cost, any customer PII info, etc.)
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to connect data from multiple sources and build financial systems from the ground up
- Strong passion in developing transparent, scalable, repeatable data models & processes to drive decision making
- Flawless attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture
- Adaptability in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to tailor communications on technical solutions to different audiences (non-technical business partners v. technical IT type)
- Proven ability developing and improving systems and processes to make reporting and analysis better, faster, and easier
- Ability to partner and communicate well with people of various backgrounds and levels
- Hands-on development experience with one or more major BI tools (Adaptive Insights, Oracle Hyperion product suite, Anaplan, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) required
- Experience in IT or database administration a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science, mathematics, or software engineering preferred
- Minimum 4 years of system-focused experience in Finance, Accounting, or financial systems development and support
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Commercial Finance
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.