Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Build, manage, and develop a strong team of purchasing administrators which consistently succeeds in providing effective daily operations, outstanding customer service and value
· Manage the rollout of centralized purchase request creation initiative to the entire company, with the intent to improve process efficiency and data capture
· Develop and implement strategy for a long-term enterprise-wide system and processes for purchasing of indirect goods and services designed to achieve targeted outcomes for customer service, process efficiencies, and cost reductions
· Lead the continuous improvement of Rivian's procurement and strategic sourcing software and ensure the system functionality is optimized
· Identify and implement industry-leading contract lifecycle management system based on the needs of the Rivian Legal, Supply Chain, and other stakeholder teams
· Assess and suggest process efficiency enhancements for the procure-to-pay process
· Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing management of Rivian’s purchasing card policy and program
· Establish, monitor and report service level goals, key performance indicators, and customer satisfaction criteria for procurement operations. Analyze data and reports on savings generated
· Create procurement-related training for purchasing administrator staff and internal stakeholders
· Identify and implement procedures to improve spend under management
· Establish clear buying channel strategy to appropriately direct spend to the proper purchase process
· Support Purchasing Managers in identifying sourcing opportunities to manage tail spend by analyzing data
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Experience in Indirect Procurement with a focus on purchasing process
· An innovative mindset
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure that the sourcing criteria meets the Stakeholder’s requirements
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with SAP/Coupa, and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.