Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) retail specialist leads the implementation of regulatory and corporate EHS programs. This position is also responsible for promoting and sustaining our safety culture, along with supporting environmental initiatives for a broad range of activities. This role will ensure delivery of safe and healthy workplaces for employees, our customers, and other communities in which we operate. This candidate is essential in driving continuous improvement for operations by working with the business leaders to identify solutions to EHS issues/challenges.
• Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
• Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
• Collaborate with Facilities, HR, Security, and Site Leadership to implement EHS policies, procedures and standards.
• Develop and implement site specific training needs for all personnel to assure understanding of EHS programs.
• Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and critical issues to and from Retail locations and Corporate offices.
• Manage, and ensure, compliance with applicable air, stormwater, solid/hazardous waste State & Federal regulations for multiple US locations.
• Ensure regular EHS assessments are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams.
• Advise on meeting the EHS requirements for existing and emerging Retail stores and office space.
• Respond to regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Partner with local EHS support vendors and local authorities.
• Regularly audit the operations for compliance and work to resolve barriers to achieving EHS goals
• Organize and support local First Responder teams
• Lead and support in the investigation of incidents and/ or other workplace safety matters to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Track compliance and ensure team members have completed EHS training and competencies
• Prepare compliance policies, procedures, and other written documentation and recordkeeping for individual retail locations in support of federal and/or local regulations, inspections, or other needs and expectations of other interested parties.
• Ensure operations meet Rivian requirements as it pertains to internal standards. This will include: Health and safety signage/postings, inspection and audit results, hazard assessments, emergency response devices, and Federal/State requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 5+ years related work experience. Prior work experience in retail and or commercial/ logistics operations.
• Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
• Understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Familiarity with root cause analysis techniques.
• Understanding of incident and injury prevention and other EHS programs.
• Ability to work varied hours with travel required.
• Must be self-motivated with great communication skills.
• Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.