Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The primary purpose of the Continuous Improvement Manager is plan, organize, lead, and track CI projects throughout the Normal facility. This role will be responsible for setting yearly targets for cost reduction and quality improvements. This role will also be responsible for teaching continuous improvement skills and techniques to the Rivian Normal team members.
• Identify specific CI activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of impact to the business, and create project plans to track to closure.
• Lead development and training of lean management tools throughout the facility working closely with cross functional teams.
• Develop, coach, and train the Rivian team members on lean management tools.
• Work cross functionally to create metrics at each level of the organization, deployment goals, and objectives to drive accountability throughout the organization.
• Lead cross-functional teams to drive “Always Learning” strategy driving Build in Quality, Design in Quality.
• Develop, coach, and train the Rivian team members on the Rivian problem solving tools and methods including Practical Problem Solving.
• Develop new employee and yearly lean improvement training needs, assist with training material development, and lead training events.
• Lead and track yearly cross functional CI savings projects and report out monthly on department results driving year over year financial improvements.
• Take initiative to apply expertise innovatively in support of organizational vision that addresses critical business issues and focuses on developing long term solutions.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience in CI / problem solving
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
• 8-10 years’ experience with leading continuous improvement activities
• Strong project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with operations, engineering and suppliers
• Comfortable working hands on in a manufacturing / production environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.