Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines using AWS CodePipeline
- Build and deploy Infrastructure as Code using AWS SAM and AWS CloudFormation
- Work with software vendors to design HA deployments of off-the-shelf software on AWS
- Manage and resolve tasks in Jira, IT Support Desk and PagerDuty
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Follow Gitflow and agile development practices
- Develop Python functions deployed in AWS Lambda with AWS SAM
- Develop Bash and PowerShell scripts to automate deployments
- Develop AWS Policies and Roles to restrict to least privilege
- Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling the organization to succeed
- Be creative and resourceful with the endurance to cope in a fast-paced start-up environment
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience utilizing AWS which must include CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53
- 7+ years experience using Python and Git with agile and gitflow principals
- 2+ years of software architecture experience
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services
- Linux administration skills
We would prefer one or more of the following:
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications
- AWS serverless application development experience using Lambda, API Gateway, and Amplify
- AWS data pipeline experience using S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Map Reduce, and Lake Formation
- AWS account governance experience using Organizations, Service Catalog and Control Tower
- AWS IoT experience
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization
- Windows Server administration and PowerShell scripting experience
- AWS Security experience using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and Macie
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.