Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, management and test development
- Define overall test automation architecture and strategy for self-driving software features
- Collaborate with software teams and conduct bench tests in the lab during feature development and validation phases
- Collaborate with software teams to define test specifications and test plans
- Develop test automation frameworks and scripts
- Manage, track and deliver automated functional testers for functional and performance testing
- Drive optimizations in various test processes to ensure product quality
- Collaborate closely with cross functional groups to troubleshoot and isolate problems
- Maintain test environment and run regression tests on daily build
- Previous experience testing across the complete product life-cycle; from early development, through field sustenance
- Strong Python familiarity, working knowledge of C/C++
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing test frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills - reliant on core engineering principals and common sense
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines, and software release cadence
- Working experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT
- Strong communication, multitasking, & interpersonal skills, both in presentation and technical writing
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience testing ADAS features, automotive CAN/Ethernet knowledge, and/or experience testing computer vision systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.