Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop on-vehicle power electronics mechanical component from concept to production
- Design parts to comply with established prototype and production manufacturing build processes
- Define mechanical component and assembly design requirements related to high volume production processes of power electronics
- Support DOE activities with the Manufacturing team to ensure certain production intent processes are robust and optimized
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D drawings of new components using CATIA software and direct CAD designers
- Release assembly components through Enovia Product Lifecyle Management system and manage any required design changes
- Work with supply chain team to source prototype and production suppliers
- Perform GD&T and tolerance stack ups of mechanical components used in power electronics assembly
- Support prototype build by working with manufacturing team and perform required engineering testing, such as torque analysis and coolant testing
- Resolve engineering issues by implementing interim and permanent corrective actions using Rivian’s quality processes
- Participate in the creation of FMEAs and review DV test plans for power electronics components
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience as a mechanical engineer in the field of power electronics
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 or V6 software including part design and assembly design workbenches
- Familiar with automotive manufacturing processes
- Experience with fundamental design best practices of die casting, busbars, and injection molding
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Experience leading DOE projects and delivering positive results in a timely manner
- Extensive experience interfacing and managing external suppliers
- Exposure and experience with manufacturing and assembly processes related to power electronics products
- Understanding and knowledge of ENOVIA Product Lifecycle Management system
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio
- Experience working in the automotive industry and startup environment preferred
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and enjoy working in fast pace start-up environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.