Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Senior UX Researcher at Rivian, you will be the voice of the user and will have a leading role in ensuring ease of use and customer satisfaction. In this role you will have a deep understanding of Rivian’s target audience. You will do this through persona development, competitive benchmarks, user testing and sharing informed recommendations. You enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. This position focuses on business-to-business fleet management tools in an enterprise environment.
- Be responsible for working in an enterprise research environment modeling the behavior of complex interactions using Contextual Inquiry or similar ethnographic processes. Work with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and others to prioritize research opportunities.
- Set and maintain industry benchmarks using SUS and NPS as metrics
- Develop, own, and lead the user research roadmap across multiple vehicle programs.
- Help determine and validate product feature sets
- Conduct usability studies for software features then synthesize findings and document them along with suggestions.
- Work on automotive infotainment, web and mobile apps
- Develop personas through market studies
- Conduct competitive benchmarking of competitors to make recommendations to help influence current and future vehicles.
- Utilize in-person and online tools for testing
- Master’s degree in a Human-Computer Interaction related field strongly preferred
- Experience working in a B2B environment working with multiple stakeholders, not just a single end-user.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to focus groups, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Survey experience with Qualtrics or similar
- Passion for the automotive and transportation industry.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferred within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development ideally in an automotive setting
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.