Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Enable test success by ensuring each test vehicle represents the design intent
- Integral part of the team responsible for planning and delivering the vehicle level Design Verification Plan (DVP)
- Maximize fleet uptime, minimize lost time due to repairs/retrofits
- Understand and track the build specifications of test vehicles from the assembly line and through the Rivian development phases
- Understand and track component and system variations across batches of test vehicles
- Project Manage and track vehicle retrofits, updates and repairs, also track parts orders and manage retrofit parts as needed
- Report out status and schedule of the fleet readiness to management
- Utilize Rivian database tools and interfaces to set up then communicate tasks, priorities, status, outcomes
- Support vehicle utilization and/or test allocation conflicts with the integration manager to help maintain the optimal tempo of testing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
- Min 2 years working in Automotive test and development
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally.
- Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand
- Strong computational, database and data management skills
- Experience with and understanding of a vehicle bill of materials in CATIA
- Desired experience managing test vehicles through a vehicle development program
- Desired understanding of the function and inter-relationship of vehicle sub-systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.