Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will lead the Cost Engineering efforts and work cross functionally with in Rivian.
· Collaborate with engineering, purchasing, finance, design and plant operations
· Develop cost models, estimates, targets, make/buy and ad hoc analyses
· Promote green technologies: electric propulsion, lightweight/sustainable/environmentally friendly solutions
· Interface with engineering and suppliers to reduce cost, weight and timing
· Work with engineering on a Design to Target approach in early product development planning
· Subject matter expert in electronics but also estimate other areas due to interconnected parts/subsystems and overall dept workload
Ground up piece price and tooling experience in one or more of the following: low voltage and high voltage electronics, electronic control units, electric motors, battery pack, etc.
· Experience in cost model creation, design to target, RFQ analysis and negotiation
· Electronics component cost knowledge including but not limited to discrete electronics, memory, printed circuit boards, SoCs, etc
· Capability to independently create a BoM & BoP on a given commodity/design and assign cost
· Create ground up Cost Estimates for low voltage and high voltage electronics, electronic control units, electric motors, battery pack, etc.
· Ground up costing experience in more than one of the following: electronics, plastics, stamping, casting, machining, final assembly, interiors, seats, IPs, powertrain, etc
· BS/BA Engineering, Business, Finance and/or 5-10+ yrs. of direct OEM, Tier-1 or plant experience
· Ability to thrive in and embrace a fast paced, diverse startup environment
· Excellent communication and collaborative skills; kaizen approach
· Strategic thinking skills and detail-oriented work habits
· Ability to have fun
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.