Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be the Directly Responsible Individual for:
- Leading multiple concurrent AC charging product development programs
- Delivering complex programs on time and on schedule
- Developing and communicating project plans and schedules
- Identifying and communicating program-level risks and issues
- Leading weekly cross-functional team meetings for each program
- Leading daily stand-up meetings with the program leadership team
- Leading system-level build prototype events
- Maintaining program-level documentation and digital assets (i.e. program wiki)
- Collaborate with:
- The technical teams and product managers to define product requirements
- Industrial design to ensure their vision is both executable and executed
- Design Release Engineers (DRE’s) and purchasing managers to ensure on-time releases
- Mechanical and electrical engineers at a highly technical level throughout the design process
- Software and firmware engineers to ensure that software goals and schedules are synced
- Reliability and test engineers to make sure validation efforts are thorough and timely
- Standards engineers to ensure programs are certifiable and certified (i.e. UL, CE)
- Finance to make sure program is adequately budgeted and then executed on-budget
- Contract manufacturers and manufacturing engineering to bring up and hand-off production of the products
- Report on and escalate:
- Weekly progress with respect to plan and schedule
- New program-level risks and unknowns
- Key and gating decisions, so they can be made with expedience
- Resourcing: identify where we are and aren’t adequately staffed to execute the program
- Program financial status
- 7+ years experience in program management of complex hardware/software systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/or computer science
- An excellent ability to work with and communicate across cross-functional teams
- Experience working with contract manufacturers on joint development programs
- A multidisciplinary technical background – be comfortable in EE, ME and SW domains
- A passion for making world-class products that impact customers in a positive way
- Excellent computer skills, especially with communication tools and program management tools
- To be comfortable working in a fast moving, multi-threaded, environment
- Experience disambiguating ambiguity – we’re a new team, making new products, with new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.