Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This Is What You’ll Do:
- Working under the direction of senior members of Rivian’s legal team, draft, review, and support the negotiation of a a variety of commercial agreements relating to Rivian’s hardware and software development, purchase and sale of goods and services, business-to-business sales transactions and strategic partnerships, logistics, facilities, and capital expenditures.
- Work closely with Rivian’s supply chain / procurement team to organize and manage legal review deadlines and achieve legal team goals pertaining to supply-related agreements.
- Support the creation and management of Rivian’s legal playbook and training materials; train internal business clients to understand and adhere to to a variety of company-wide policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate, practical, and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters.
- Support senior members of the legal team and cross-functional internal clients on project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including financing transactions and strategic partner relationships.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution and other matters as they arise
This Is What You'll Need:
- JD. from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of the Michigan or California Bar (or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house counsel).
- At least three (3) years of commercial contracts experience, including relevant experience with automotive or manufacturing agreements.
- Ability to anticipate risk, problem solve and clearly communicate practical and effective advice.
- Excellent drafting skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment using judgment to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Experience working with minimal supervision and cooperatively with cross-functional clients and colleagues.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.