Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Payroll Time and Attendance Coordinator will provide timely and accurate routine administration of time and attendance in support of plant operations. In this role, you will support, research and respond to escalation inquiries and take the necessary actions needed regarding any issues related to your focus areas. You will monitor data to ensure accurate and compliant processes and procedures are applied, while understanding the full payroll end to end process and how your activities integrate into the overall processes.
- Perform routine administration and support for plant employees and managers, payroll services and end to end timekeeping system activities to enable accurate, timely and compliant payroll processes.
- Run daily time and absence reports to ensure accuracy of all time reported.
- Partners closely with payroll team to ensure proper processing of time and attendance data for employee pay.
- Assist in payroll related investigations.
- Responsible for support and execution of new payroll and time and attendance system user training for supervisors and other system users.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Assists in developing and maintaining time and attendance training materials (user guides, manuals, etc).
- Assists with audit requirements and ensures time tracking and time off practices are compliant with all state, federal and global requirements; escalates concerns as needed.
- Responsible for identifying timeclock issues and working with appropriate internal and external partners to ensure swift resolution.
- Assist employees in understanding pay statements and ability to answer time or pay related questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of clerical/administrative experience
- 1-3 years of Human Resources and/or Timekeeping Administration preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively; superior customer service skills; excellent interpersonal skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws (FLSA, FMLA, etc.)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.