Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Design Release Engineer for Rivian's Self-Driving group, you will design and develop various ADAS components while interactively working with all areas of the company to find optimal solutions meeting all department needs.
- Lead the Design and Release responsibility for ADAS components (radars, lidars, cameras) including all elements of hardware and software
- Executing the design, development using CAE, test data analysis, release of various ADAS components, leading function, fit, durability, reliability, assembly, feasibility & NVH performance
- DVP&R, DFMEA, GD&T, Functional Safety, statement of requirements (SOR) and component technical specifications (CTS) for ADAS components.
- Develop and manage part system, subsystem, and component information
- Resolve issues for assigned components arising from packaging, vehicle integration testing, manufacturing, etc.
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews and trade-off discussions
- Working with procurement, lead the supplier development of sourcing agreements, RASICs and documentation leading to PPAP prior to volume production
- 25 % travel to supplier sites required
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility at a major tier one or OEM releasing electrified components
- Proficient with 3D CAD and PLM systems
- Experience with diagnostic tools and re-flashing software on ECUs
- Excellent communication, documentation, and leadership skills
- Strong emotional resilience and have a "can-do" approach to problem solving
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal supervision and direction
- CATIA V5/V6
- Enovia PLM
- Project Management experience
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.