Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Technical planning of functional safety activities across several vehicle programs
- Deriving timeline for safety development work based on vehicle product development lifecycle
- Coordinating functional safety testing flows across hardware, software and integrated system domains
- Supporting business centric activities for Functional Safety
Day In Life:
- Collaborate with Program Leads of Functional Safety to manage new and current programs using Jira/Jama dashboards for functional Safety Development
- Ensure the data quality for each program
- Lead cross functional team to plan derivate products from a safety point of view
- Base it off the original parent program
- Coordinate technical deltas (mechanical/electrical/ software etc) from the parent program and what needs to be developed from a safety perspective
- If safety items are determined, then build a timeline based of program delivery
- Work closely with leadership to define milestone for functional safety
- Major milestones alignment for functional safety
- Derive local team plan of the milestones for Functional Safety delivery for new products and derivate products
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree. Preferably 2-4 years of industry experience in a project management or technical role. Level of Role depends on experience and qualifications. In addition, a strong technical background and interest in system safety engineering:
- Experience with integrated systems development
- Strong project management skills
- Experience preparing technical presentations and presenting to leadership
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Functional Safety process flow
- Project management
- Technical communications
- Product development lifecycle
- Experience in Automotive, Medical Device, Aerospace, or Consumer Electronics Industries
- Experience with requirements tools (eg Jama, Doors)
- Experience in agile processes
- Experience with Jira/Confluence/Sharepoint/Tableau
- Project Management Program certification (PMP)
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.