Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Understand the vehicle target architecture including ancillary systems.
- Understand how to derive and automate test infrastructure from the system requirements.
- Develop backend infrastructure for automating system test cases on multiple platforms.
- Develop test flow infrastructure, back-end hooks to requirements, automated test report APIs, manual test GUIs, and execute automated workflows.
- Automation test development experience with Python and test scripts is required.
- Experience with connecting Python calls to C APIs is a plus.
- Analyze the technical, logistical and schedule risks associated with your work to provide timely feedback on the project to the HIL Systems Lead.
- Coordination with project leads to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines, and software release cadence.
- Help support and collaborate with design & development engineers for testing needs at all levels.
- Work collaboratively with various Engineering teams to deliver superior HIL test solutions that helps drive the quality of hardware and firmware designs through their entire life cycle.
- 2+ years work experience in related field.
- Strong Python familiarity, working knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience in developing and supporting automated test frameworks.
- Ability to evaluate approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental qualities and supporting data.
- Software development, hardware testing, and production procurement timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - reliant on core engineering principals and common sense.
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT is a plus.
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments is a plus.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation and technical writing
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.