Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Understand the vehicle target architecture including ancillary systems.
- Understand how to derive test cases and support requirements development from “poking” the system.
- Understand the basic hardware schematic diagram to develop I/O related test case.
- Develop test case cases and sequence diagrams based on requirements.
- Test experience with CAN test devices such as PEAK, Vector or similar tools is required to verify the written test cases on labcar and/or vehicle.
- Experience with Ethernet devices is a plus.
- Experience in developing and supporting automated test is a must.
- Experience in utilizing oscilloscope and similar equipment is a must.
- Understand how to use requirements, user stories, use cases and theory of operation, to derive test cases for Functional Safety.
- Identify and develop test cases based on understanding of fundamental Electrical Engineering principles and unique product use cases and designs.
- Coordination with Design Responsible Engineers and feature owners to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Help support and collaborate with design and development engineers for testing needs at all levels.
- Work collaboratively with various engineering teams to deliver superior HIL test solutions that helps drive the quality of hardware and firmware designs through their entire life cycle.
- 3+ years test experience in functional safety field.
- Experience in developing system test cases is a plus.
- Software development, hardware testing, and production procurement timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - reliant on core engineering principals and common sense.
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT is a plus.
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments is a plus.
- Strong communication, multitasking, and inter-personal skills, both in presentation and technical writing.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.