Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Location: open to both Irvine, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will drive key initiatives for the Electrical Systems group within Rivian. This team is responsible for the design and/or resourcing of all the electrical and electronic components within Rivian vehicles.
In this role the candidate will be agile, working on key initiatives to support the Electrical Systems team in its mission to deliver best in class electrical systems for Rivian automotive products.
This will involve some subset of the following tasks at any given time:
- Partnering with the larger vehicle product organization to ensure key program requirements, milestones and initiatives are met.
- Supporting the development of all in house Electronic Control Units
- Supporting the resourcing of third party components
- Partnering with supply chain to ensure our products are manufactured to specification and received on time
- Partnering with manufacturing for new product introductions
- Partnering with service and reliability to ensure all issues relating to our parts are addressed
The successful candidate will meet a large number of the following requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- Experience with program management for products involving significant electrical content
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience with automotive environments
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chain
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
- Travel Requirements of Position: The candidate should be willing to travel if required.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.