Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Research and document complete vehicle repair manuals from CAD, with minimal oversight
- Ensure that all procedures are written clearly, consistently, and accurately and can be used by
- technicians in the field
- Write all procedures according to standard automotive and documentation best practices
- Analyze need for and write/photograph all necessary service bulletins
- Report all documents to appropriate governmental agencies
- Assist other technical specialists with clear writing
- Work with Service Engineering in analyzing vehicle to determine serviceability
- Analyze vehicle and governmental regulations to determine vehicle systems, subsystems, and
- Structure the service and parts manuals based on developed hierarchies
- Create and maintain complete list of labor codes, and maintain database of time studies for
- financial auditing
- Oversee real-world validation of procedures with in house technicians to ensure accuracy
- Review all service manual procedures to get engineering signoff
- Perform photoshoots of real-world vehicle repair; edit in Photoshop when necessary for clarity
- Maintain source control of all service manuals and parts manuals
- Track progress of service and parts manuals completeness
- Validate common tooling used during automotive service repair & identify any special tools that
- need developed
- Utilize design software and systems to identify and create repairs and parts (Catia, DELMIA, Jira,
- Confluence, etc.)
- Interact with the entire Service Engineering & Operations Organization
- 5+ years experience in the automotive repair industry
- 5+ years experience in creating clear vehicle documentation
- Knowledge of lean processes
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable though
- text and graphics.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and effectively in performing task or duties as assigned
- to completion
- Good time management skills and ability to work within guidelines
- Professional demeanor, strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, Adobe products, and documentation tools
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.