Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Human Factors provides key knowledge on systems /product evaluations to optimize the human interaction. This position design tests, apply statistics, and be involved with different functional groups that require a deep Human Factors assessment. This position will be a key collaborator to UX, Usability, Ergonomics, Design, Manufacturing on achieving goals This position drives understanding to the Human Interactions with complex systems of the product.
• Support teams on the design and evaluation of existing/future designs to set parameters of HMI, User Experience, Human Interactions
• Lead HF analysis on a controlled environment.
• Interact with hardware and software to provide results on the usage and interaction of a system.
• Influence human behaviors and designs to reduce risks.
• Document and maintain best practices related to Human Factors, Haptics, HMI.
• Safety and warning label assessment, design, and evaluation
• Consumer product safety and hazard evaluation
• Vehicle/equipment/heavy machinery operator behavior analysis
• Collaborate with other Ergonomic and Human Factor Engineers to keep Ergonomic/Human Factors program/system up to date
• Utilize CAD, DELMIA, and other HF related software to technologies to identify and evaluate potential risks
• Recommend corrective actions
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology (required);
• Master’s degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors related discipline (preferred)
• Minimum of 3+ years related work experience Prior Human Factors experience on Automotive
• Knowledge of HF testing and data analysis
• Knowledge on HF and Ergonomic design standards
• Knowledge Anthropometric measures, Haptic testing, Human Factors clinics, experiments, data gathering
• Knowledge on Human simulation software (DELMIA) and
• Able to understand complex systems and environments and able to communicate with different functional groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
• Experience documenting, and maintaining procedures, guidelines, processes, standards
• Able to collect, review and summarize relevant technical literature
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.